28 October 2009

Climbing out of the hole...

I was told that I needed to bust out with some catchphrases, so here goes:

*pyro goes off and song 'Voodoo Child' begins as Gunslinger makes his way to the ring, where he grabs a microphone*

"FINALLY, GUNSLINGER HAS BEGUN HIS RETURN TO THE TOP OF THE MOUNTAIN!!! 'Slinger has finally gotten a hold of those cowardly traitors chemotherapy and radiation and is taking them straight down to the corner of "Jabroni Drive" & "Know Your Role Blvd." and checking them into the "Smackdown Hotel". Once there 'Slinger will begin to commence to laying the smackdown on their rudy poo candy asses. What do the traitors think about it? IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT THEY THINK! They had their fun with 'Slinger. Tossing 'Slinger around like a rag doll and landing him in the hospital twice. Some people even said 'Slinger was afraid of taking any more punishment from them. Afraid?! See, after taking the best they had, let 'Slinger be clear; 'Slinger is afraid of NO ONE! Did they really think they would get the best of 'Slinger?! The days of chemo & radiation running roughshod over everything are done! 'Slinger plans on taking his right boot AND his left boot, shining them up real nice and shoving them... well, everyone knows what 'Slinger will do with them.

IF YOU SMELL WHAT GUNSLINGER IS COOKING!!!!!!"

*cocks eyebrow, tosses microphone and exits to 'Voodoo Child'*

There you go Ed. I hope you like it. To those of you who get it, I hope you enjoyed the very bad imitation of The Rock. For those that don't get it, well, that was a little peek into one of the things I like watching: pro wrestling. Please don't ask for an explanation.

Now, for the update:

I am drinking things now. I have been able to get down vanilla and strawberry Ensure as well as Barq's Red Cream Soda. I am also having moments of complete silliness that I am known and loved for (see above monologue). Oh, and I am getting less use of the suction machine. I still have to use it, but there is a definite decrease in what I am getting out of it. Hopefully, that means the thrush and mucusitis is going away. I am getting out a little bit. I have walked the dog a few times and a couple of times, just gone outside.

So, the progress is there, it's just not as quick as I would like it to be. I will, however, take what I can get and just keep on keepin' on.

AND THAT'S THE BOTTOM LINE 'CAUSE GUNSLINGER SAID SO.... ;-)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great message Ken. It's not as much what was written, which was good, but who it was written by. Great message.

Love ya man,

Uncle John

Jerri said...

And that's the bottom line, cause Gunslinger said so!

Keep up the great work!

Anonymous said...

I know, without a doubt, that the past few months have been hell for you, Katie & the girls & I just want you to know that I am proud of each of you. I think I would have thrown in the towel by now.
So just hang in there Ken. Better times are coming, maybe not as fast as any of would like, but they are coming.

Pat Moning said...

The previous post was made by your mother-in-law!

Anonymous said...

I still don't think you got it. You have to use things like wooooooo, too sweeeeeet, 4 life. You know stuff like that. Now get ready for the best line of all time. Whatcha gonna do.... no that's not it. Ooooohhh yeah dig.... no that's not it. I know, i know. I am the best there is.... No that's not it either.

Try, I am the jabbroni beatin, pie eatin, eyebrow raisin, trailblazin, kiss stealin, wheelin dealin son of a gun, making all the young girls cry. Cause I'm the John Stockton of this here pimpin game. Behind the back ho passes, no look ho passes, I got my skizzems, I got my izzems, I'm the man that puts the motion in the ocean, cause ALL the ladies want a piece of this white chocolate pimpin potion.

Now that's what I was talking about you Mother Cunucker.

Da Man

PS - I hate Carlton Fisk!

Dani said...

You just TOTALLY made my day!!! So glad things are looking up!!! Love you guys!!!