31 March 2010

just a quick update...

Well, I'm still off work. I was supposed to go back this past Monday, but the tongue still hurts too much. You know how your tongue feels when you burn it. Well, multiply that by about 1000 and that is how my tongue feel. Add on top of that, the fact that I still drool like a baby that is teething and I sound like I have a mouth full of marbles and you can see why Doc Williams gave me another week off. On the plus side, the swelling in my tongue has gone down considerably. Hopefully, I'll be able to go back next Monday.

My diet is getting better. I can now eat sandwiches! YAY! I can add p.b.&j sammiches to my cream of chicken soup. Still have a couple of issues; 1) anything too cold still hurts to drink 2) now that I have this new "space" in my mouth, all the food seems to want to congregate there. In order to get it out, I have to use water to get it out. So, b/c of these two things I am definitely well hydrated. lol...

That's it for now. More updates as they happen...

3 comments:

Dani said...

Mmmmm...peanut butter & jelly! :P

Keep up the good healing!

Love,
Dani, Kevin, Bailey & Drew

Jerri G. said...

I'm reminded of "What About Bob" and the "baby steps." Sounds like you're making them and will be back to work soon!

Anonymous said...

Peanutbutter and jelly, one of my all time favs.
Happy Easter.
Keep on keeping on, love you man.

Uncle John