19 March 2010

today... from Katie

Well surgery today is over. Seems to have gone well. The offending harbour of bad cells was excised, along with a portion roughly 1/4 by 1/2 inch long along the front tip of Ken's tongue. Seems that portion had actually died, due to lack of blood circulation, perhaps. Dr. W did not seem terribly concerned with it.

Ken's blood pressure was slightly elevated in recovery, probably due to the fact that for some reason, he seemed to be in more pain this time than he has the last couple times. We think his mouth had to be held open further this time.

Sometimes, watching all this makes me very angry. No one deserves this crap... and if I find out there's a way to prove he was affected by benzene in the water when he was stationed at New River... heads are going to roll. As odd as it sounds.. I need some one to hate for this. He is hurting, and no amount of medicine seems to help. We're all tired....

2 comments:

Pat Moning said...

I understand how you feel, Honey. Ken is my son-in-law & I am hurting for all of you. I know, without a doubt, that I could not take what Ken took in the first bout, much less what he has to take now. He is far braver than I am & I am soooo very sorry that you all have to go through this. I wish there was something, anything I could do to make this "all better" for all of you. Please tell Ken to hang in there & you too.

Dani said...

I can't imagine how you all are feeling. We'll just keep the prayers coming and hope that they have finally gotten it all and you all can finally breathe a sigh of relief! You have all been such an inspiration through all of this. Just try to stay positive. Love you guys!