29 August 2009

5 days, and really nothing new to report


A few people have mentioned to us, they have been checking for updates, and there aren't any. I guess this is kind of a case of "no news is good news" kind of situation.

Overall, it;s kind of a holding pattern. Ken is still exhausted, nauseated... and losing a bit of weight here and there. No, he isn't wasting away, but right now is a time for maintenance. One thing no one ever thought to mention was... it's not that he can't or even won't eat... He just isn't awake long enough to eat what he should. He is drinking ensure when he can with meals, etc. But I swear, I may start sneaking up on him with a bottle or two while he sleeps, and put it down the tube. (Believe it or not, that has actually been highly encouraged.)

Ken's mom and dad and Uncle Larry have stopped over from Northern KY for a short visit. It's nice to see family... and they bring goodies when they visit! Jan & Chip bring us items from "home" that we just can't get here. Last time, it was goetta and soda. Vernor's ginger ale for me, and Barq's red cream soda for Ken. They brought general groceries then too... greatly appreciated. This time was more soda... Busken's coffee cake (Ken: you NEED to eat some!!!!)... and tomatoes from my dad's garden!!

I guess that's really it for now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Katie, for letting mw know about Ken's blog. It was really great to hear your voice this morning. And, Hi Ken! Thanks for keeping us informed through this on-time medium. I'll be watching.

Say hi to Em and Lil, and don't forget the pics. Love to all, Lon

Catlon said...

PS - Didn't have a Google account before sending the comment, but I do now. As usual, it is Catlon. Later... Lon

Tori said...

Red cream soda?? Sounds interesting...Taste anything like regular cream soda??

Unknown said...

Hi all,
Ken, bless you for the fight you are putting up. You are one precious bro-in-law and I love you very much.
To all your ladies, I am proud of all of you and ditto on the love. Please let me know anything I can send over for you from the homefront.
Love you all,
Aunt Sue