24 August 2009

And we begin week #3...

For those of you expecting to log in and read about some exciting and/or inspirational adventure we had from the weekend, sorry to disappoint, but there wasn't any of that this past weekend. There was, however, alot of sleeping and trying to feel well enough to putter around the house. That was the extent of my weekend. Wow. Exciting, I know. Not everyone can lead that kind of lifestyle. I am a trained professional, so please don't try to have this kind of weekend without proper supervision.

It's absolutely amazing as to how fast these side effects have hit. It's also amazing as to how hard they hit as well. I can wake up and feel somewhat "normal", but just the act of getting ready in the morning will just zap all my energy and I'm left with nothing but the feeling of just wanting to crawl into bed for the rest of the day. Add to that the nausea and the other side effects that are starting to creep up and it was just a great weekend. (Insert sarcasm here for that last comment...)

But, we are on the "midway" week. Once I get through this week I'll be about half way through with the chemo & radiation. YAY! The fight is halfway done. I would love to think that the second half of this is going to be easier than the first half, but I know better. But, then again, if it were easy everyone would do it right? ;-) (ha ha ha) It's all good, though. I just keep marking the days off and keep the end in sight. The projected end date (according to my calculations) is some time around Sept 30th, so that is the date I am shooting for. Once I get there I should be golden. (and able to glow in the dark for the next month. At least the kids won't need a night light, hahahahahahahaha)

That's about it for now. I'll post any updates as I get them or if I come up with something really cool or creative to write about. Stay tuned...

... Same Bat time, same Bat Channel.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Is it bad of me to think I might make a paper chain to get through this?

Unknown said...

Hi Katie, Ken, Em & Lil,
Thinking of all of you and praying it seems every other minute of the day.
Please tell your friend, Mike, he's on the hero list, too. I love you all,
Sue