20 August 2009

Exhausted doesn't even begin to cover it...

Not much to write about. I had the 2nd round of chemo Tuesday and it went pretty well. Now, though, the dreaded side effects are starting. The exhaustion is unbelievable. I've been tired before, but this goes beyond that. It's a tired that goes to the bone. Imagine how you feel after a really hard workout. Now, multiply that by about one thousand and that is how I feel. Seems like sleeping is all I'm doing now. Ugh.

The nausea is a constant, but at least I have meds that help with that so it is tolerable. Never thought I could be hungry AND nauseous at the same time, but hey, I've even eaten when I'm nauseous. Guess you learn something new everyday, huh.

I've been told that most side effects don't come until later in treatment. I also know that when it comes to most side effects I react the opposite of what they are, so hopefully I'm just getting them out of the way now so I can finish strong.

On the plus side, Friday will be the end of the second week of treatment. YAY!!! Everyday down gets us closer to our goal.

Time to keep on keepin' on...

No comments: