16 August 2009

Oh, the difference a day (or two) makes...


So, Friday and Saturday I'm so bone tired exhausted that I spend most of those days sleeping. Wake up on Sunday feeling like dog dirt, but we had an Orioles game to go to so I get ready and we go, not really knowing how I would feel or react to the day, and wouldn't you know it, I felt better as the day went on. Go figure.

We had to make some adjustments to the day for me, but it was a very good day. It was a hot day, the high was 93. We took water with us and the Oriole's had people handing out free cups of ice, so that helped keep us hydrated. Since I am not supposed to be out in the sun for long, we stayed mostly in the shade, which made things about 10 degrees cooler and we left after the sixth inning. Good thing about leaving early is that since the game went extra innings, we got home in time to see the end of the game on t.v. The day was good, not only because we all had a good time, but because for those few hours, sitting there in the upper reserved section with the other Dugout Club members, things were normal. I never knew how nice normal could be.

So, here we are on Sunday night staring down another week of radiation and the weekly chemo on Tuesday, but I can face that knowing that there are days like this that I can not only hold onto, but also look forward to having.

Onward and upward....

1 comment:

patm said...

I'm sure glad you had a good day yesterday. By the time you read this you will have gotten your first week done & can be proud that you finished it on an upnote. I know it is hard but if you can keep the attitude you have the weeks will go by quickly. Hang in there, Ken. I know you can do it.
And I know Katie, Emily & Lilli are certainly in your corner as are the rest of you extended family.